For the dressing...
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 4 anchovy filets, if desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or cider vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- Fine kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
For the salad...
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Grass-Fed, USDA Choice New York Strip Steaks
- Market House Umami Sea Salt
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 oz fresh arugula
- Make the dressing – Place the basil, parsley, tarragon, garlic, shallot, and anchovy (if using) in a food processor or blender and blend until finely chopped. Add the lemon juice or vinegar, mayo, buttermilk and yogurt, and blend again. Then, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes – Preheat the oven to 400° F. Toss the potatoes with a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and place in a roasting pan, cut side down. Season with salt and roast until cooked through, approximately 40 minutes.
- Cook the steaks – Season the New York Strip Steaks with Market House Umami Sea Salt and cook on the grill, preheated to medium-high, until the desired doneness. Allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
- Assemble your salad – Toss the potatoes, tomatoes, and arugula in a bowl with the green goddess dressing. Serve the salad on a plate or in a bowl, then top with the sliced steak, spooning more dressing on top if desired. Enjoy!
Chefs Tip – The Green Goddess dressing is very forgiving and a great way to use fresh herbs from your garden or refrigerator. Feel free to switch up the herbs according to what you have on hand. You can make it thicker or thinner with more lemon juice or buttermilk, and it makes an excellent dip for veggies or chips all summer long! Tastes great with avocado, too.