Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 6-7 hours. (Times will vary, depending upon the size of the brisket)
Servings: 1/2 lb per person
- 1 whole Grass Run Farms Beef Brisket, fat trimmed to preference
- 4 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 4 tsp granulated garlic
- 4 tsp ground mustard
- 3 tsp finely ground pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
1. Place the brisket on a work surface, so the fatty side is on the bottom. Trim any silver skin and excess fat from the brisket. Flip the brisket over, and trim the fat to 1/4 inch before seasoning.
2. Add kosher salt, brown sugar, paprika, granulated garlic, ground mustard, ground pepper, coriander, cumin, and dried thyme to a bowl. Mix well.
3. Apply the seasoning liberally and evenly to the top, bottom, and sides of the brisket.
3. Place a cooling rack onto a large tray. Place the brisket onto the rack, cover with cling wrap, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Preheat the smoker to 225° F and place the brisket in the smoker with the point side (thicker side) toward the firebox. Insert a temperature probe, close the lid, and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
5. Once 165° F has been reached, wrap the brisket in barbecue paper and place it back into the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 200° F.
6. Remove the brisket from the smoker at 200° F and let it rest, fully wrapped, for 30 minutes. When ready to serve, slice against the grain. Enjoy!