Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- 1 pound Grass Run Farms® grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup bacon
- 1 sprig of sage
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables, chopped (carrots, onions, and celery)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground clove
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1-2 cups of tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 sesame buns
- 1 bunch broccolini (optional)
- Add olive oil and bacon to a pre-heated medium-high heat skillet.
- Sauté for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add grass-fed ground beef, break it apart, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 sprig of sage and the mixture of carrots, onion, and celery.
- Sprinkle in the freshly ground clove and pepper. Stir and sauté for 5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine.
- Add the salt and tomato puree, and then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the flavors have joined together, grab a toasted sesame bun and top the beef with some sautéed broccolini (optional).
Recipe courtesy of Chef Cory Bahr for Grass Run Farms®.