Chili is a relatively simple meal and this one-pot recipe makes it even easier. The next time you're running out of meal inspiration (or even tonight for National Chili Day!) - check your pantry! Odds are you have most of these ingredients at your fingertips.
Serving Size: 6
Time: 10 minutes prep, 50 minutes cook, 60 minutes total
- 2 lbs Grass-Fed, Grass-Finished Ground Beef
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans or pinto beans, drained
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2-3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green Onions
- Hot sauce (We recommend Woos!)
- Brown the beef - Add the ground beef to a saucepan over medium heat and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions - In the same pan, add the chopped sweet onion and saute until tender.
- Assemble the chili - In a large pot, add the beef and onion mixture with the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low for 45 minutes and add water as needed to thin.
- Serve and dig in - Serve the chili and top with your favorite toppings! Sour cream, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, and hot sauce make great additions.
Surprise your guests by substituting kidney or pinto beans with lima beans, and add some color to the mix by throwing in a cup of whole kernel corn.