This Sweet & Sour One-Pot Short Ribs is the perfect dish to serve your family or guests, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. You only need some Sakura Pork Short Ribs, a few other simple ingredients, and 40 minutes of cook time. Imagine how impressed everyone will be when they take their first bite of these succulent short ribs!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 lb of Sakura Pork Short Ribs
- 8 cloves of minced Garlic
- 5 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp of Rice Vinegar
- 3 tbsp of Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Ketchup
- 2 tbsp of Chinese Cooking Wine (optional)
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
Prep the Pork – Cut the sakura pork short ribs into cubes by following the bones. Cook the pork in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and set aside.
- Make the Sauce – Mix soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, Chinese cooking wine, and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn Up the Heat – Turn the heat up to medium-high and drizzle the sesame oil into a pan. Once the oil is hot, add in the pork and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Some Spice – Add in garlic and sauté together for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix and Simmer – Drizzle in the sauce, mix for 1-2 minutes until the pork is covered in sauce, and pour in two cups of water. Bring it to a simmer and turn the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Up the Heat – After 30 minutes, turn the heat up to high and cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Dig In – Serve and garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!