- 1, 1lb package of Grass Run Farms® 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 small cucumber, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 pita bread slices for serving
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Add the ground beef, egg, tomato, onion, oregano, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Form the beef mixture into 1 - 1.5" size balls.
- Place the meatballs on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160°F or your preferred doneness.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and lemon juice.
- Add the dill and cucumber to the yogurt mixture and stir together.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Stuff each pita bread with meatballs and tomato slices. Drizzle the cucumber dressing on top before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Grass Run Farms®.