Among the endless easy-to-execute salmon recipes out there, this sweet and savory gem is a favorite. And the best part? It just takes 15 minutes.
- Set the oven rack 5-6 inches from the top and preheat the broiler.
- Season salmon all over with salt, pepper and Super-Allium Garlic Spice, if using.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together Thai sweet chili sauce, ginger and sugar.
- In the meantime, place a cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Pour sweet thai chili mixture into the skillet until the sauce begins to boil.
- Lower the heat, and lay the salmon filets skin side up in the sauce. Cook the salmon in the skillet until it turns a pale pink hue, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the skillet to the over and broil until the salmon skin becomes crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Keep a close eye on the salmon so it doesn’t overcook.
- Remove the skillet from the broiler and transfer back to the stove over high heat, stirring the sauce until it thickens for a couple minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let the salmon cool for 30 seconds before transferring it to a serving platter. Pour the remaining sauce on top, garnish with scallions and serve.
Are we making you hungry yet? Browse our sustainable seafood collection to get cooking.